[arch-general] How to grant Apache httpd permission to serve files from my home directory?

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Thu Jan 24 09:35:13 UTC 2019

Hello,

how can I grant Apache httpd permissions to present files out of my home
directory?

Especially, I don't want to only serve files from my home folder, and I
don't want to give it full root access.

To be more specific, I want to serve a small tutorial project in Python
via uWSGI. I guess, first httpd needs the rights to delegate, then uWSGI
needs rights to access the scripts. Both are currently running as http:http.

This is not being thought as a permanent solution, just only for "quick
& dirty" deployment, as always thinking about copying etc. during
learning phase is rather inconvenient.

Kind regards

Peter