[arch-general] do i need to configure mkinitcpio.conf for my md array ?

Shadrock Uhuru niyalevi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 02:02:50 UTC 2020

On 16.01.2020 15:36, Josef Miegl wrote:
>On January 16, 2020 2:44:44 PM GMT+01:00, Shadrock Uhuru via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>>do i need to reconfigure mkinitcpio.conf for my md array
>>so that the array is assembled and started at boot
>
>Depends on when you want to assemble your array. If you want/need the array to be assembled in early user space, then use the mdadm_udev hook as described in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mkinitcpio#Using_RAID. This is typically needed when booting a system on software RAID. However, if you don't need the array assembled in early user space, just use mdadm later on in the boot process.
>
>Josef Miegl

hi
i've rebooted the server and the raid is automatically assembled
and mount without any issues or input on my part,
i have not altered mkinitcpio.conf or regenerated mkinitcpio,
I'm assuming that mdadm.conf is being read on startup
or should i still go through the editing of mkinitcpio.conf and
regeneration to make sure mdadm.conf is being read at boot,
bearing in mind i will not be booting arch of the raid.

shadrock