[arch-general] package pages link to github (which is partly broken)

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Wed Jul 22 19:18:15 UTC 2020

Em julho 22, 2020 14:31 LuKaRo escreveu:

> On 7/22/20 7:18 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-general wrote:
>> Also, github is being used as mirror for most Arch Linux projects, but
>> they are
>> being moved to a hosted gitlab instance, at gitlab.archlinux.org.
>>
> Thanks for clarifying :) Does that mean that gitlab.archlinux.org is
> meant to replace git.archlinux.org in the long run, and GitHub will be
> just a mirror?
>
> LuKaRo

Yes, although, things are still not fully defined for everthing. I would say,
however, that anything under https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux can be considered
the de facto upstream for those projects as of now.

It doesn't mean that mirroring always will be done, or that in some instances that the
mirroring won't be done in the opposite direction (ie, from gitlab to github). Things are
still evolving.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini