[arch-general] Samba is broken on stable repositories since March 28th, 2020.

fredbezies fredbezies at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:08:44 UTC 2020

>On 03/29/2020 11:39 AM, fredbezies via arch-general wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Last update of samba, pushed on extra - instead of testing - is breaking
>> share access.
>>
>> Commit:
>> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-commits/2020-March/727612.html
>>
>> See this thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=254083
>>
>> Only fix for now? Downgrading samba.
>>

>This is one of those rare occurrences when an update breaks critical server
>functionality for some older environments. Samba 4.11 disables SMB1 by
>default for the first time. I have old clients in backoffice roles that
still use it.

I don't know if my shares are using SMB1 protocol, but I got python errors
like in this bug: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/64537

Only real fix is to upgrade to samba 4.12.x.

>Edit /etc/samba/smb.conf and add
>
>client min protocol = NT1
>server min protocol = NT1
>
>to the global section to restore workgroups and SMB1

No luck here:

$ ls /etc/samba/
14:03:08
private

There is no /etc/smb.conf file. Archlinux needs to push Samba 4.12.x.
Nothing less, nothing more.

Pushing a 4 months old development version is weird.

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies at gmail.com