[arch-general] Missing sys_siglist declaration

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Thu Oct 1 17:57:09 UTC 2020

On 10/1/20 11:45 AM, Hauke Fath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on an arch machine updated yesterday, my XEmacs does not build because
> the 'sys_siglist' declaration is gone from <string.h>, where the
> strsignal(3) man page says it should be.
>
> Searching the usual suspects didn't bring up anything. What did I miss?

From the glibc 2.32 release notes:

Deprecated and removed features, and other changes affecting compatibility:
[...]
* The deprecated arrays sys_siglist, _sys_siglist, and sys_sigabbrev
  are no longer available to newly linked binaries, and their declarations
  have been removed from <string.h>.  They are exported solely as
  compatibility symbols to support old binaries.  All programs should use
  strsignal instead.

https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commitdiff;h=b1ccfc061feee9ce616444ded8e1cd5acf9fa97f

--
Eli Schwartz