[arch-general] Abuse of arch wiki?

LuKaRo lists at lrose.de
Thu Sep 24 17:05:01 UTC 2020

Hi,

I was searching for information on firejail, when the fourth hit on my
search engine was:
https://www.linuxsecrets.com/archlinux-wiki/wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firejail.html.
This looks like an exact copy of our archlinux wiki (including the
header bar) but hosted on Google's servers with no administrative
contact given. They also seem to run additional obfuscated JavaScript on
"their" copy of arch wiki.

Their main page's "about us" page gives just a 404 error, and there is
no further imprint given. However, on their main page it says "Copyright
Linuxsecrets.com. All Rights Reserved". It looks like they at least
tried to copy ArchLinux Forums, Ubuntu Forums and Linux Mint Forums as well.

I know that GNU FDL allows redistribution of content, but I do think
that copying the entire wiki with no attribution or information at all
violates at least ethical principles. They also copy the wiki login
page, which is also interesting from a security point of view. An
unknowing user is misleaded by this content, and considering that this
site was the fourth hit on a common search term in my search engine I'm
worried by the impact. At least I wanted to make you aware of that our
arch wiki contents are copied without any notice.

Regards,
LuKaRo