[arch-general] ntfs3 kenel module: permissions not consistent with dmask=0027 from /etc/fstab

u34 at net9.ga u34 at net9.ga
Sat Dec 25 09:24:08 UTC 2021

Hello,

I, who started this thread, have posted
https://lore.kernel.org/ntfs3/E1n0BSg-0001lD-UY@mx1.net9.ga/ . No followup
so far.

With a mounted ntfs3 C:, Preferbly of MS Windows 10, can you post the
output of

    $ ls -ld /<mount directory>'/Users/Default/My Documents'
and
    $ ls -ld /<mount directory>/Users/Default/Documents
and
the umask and dmask of the mount options?

My results are:
    $ ls -ld /<mount directory>'/Users/Default/My Documents'
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 26 Mar 12  2020 '/mount directory/Users/Default/My Documents' -> C:/Users/Default/Documents
    $ ls -ld /<mount directory>/Users/Default/Documents
    dr-xr-x--- 1 user user 4096 Jul 25  2019 /mount directory/Users/Default/Documents
umask is not explicitly set. dmask=0027.

Thank you.
--
u34