[arch-general] About package guidelines

Sefa Eyeoglu contact at scrumplex.net
Sun Feb 21 16:28:38 UTC 2021

> I'm surprised that this is not respected by the trusted users when
> they pick an arbitrary package that is maintained in AUR and upload it
> to the community repository without crediting anyone of past
> maintainers. I saw this course of acting in several packages and don't
> like to me. It seems to me a total lack of respect towards the person
> or people who have been keeping the package so far.

It might be very possible, that the cases you mention don't need any credits, as
those PKGBUILDs were probably written from scratch instead.

In fact I know of a case where a very trivial package of mine was adopted by a
TU into community: https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-community/blob/
packages/libquotient/trunk/PKGBUILD[1]

That's me! :D

--