[arch-general] Community git repository

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Fri Jul 23 11:34:11 UTC 2021

On 2021-07-23 14:15, Levente Polyak via arch-general wrote:
> I don't think this is still the case, or at the very least should be
> re-evaluated.
>
> GitLab 14 has done massive improvements, one of the commits that comes
> to mind:
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitaly/-/merge_requests/3545

Yes there have been massive improvements and this should be
re-evaluated, but my initial impressions are that it is still not there.
I was trying to import a massive project into my own self hosted
instance (beefier than Arch's current GitLab box) the other day and had
significant trouble with performance.

If you look at the upstream issue, one of the GitLab developers mirrored
the repository to gitlab.com here:
https://gitlab.com/greg/svntogit-community

I've been trying to open that project page since before opening this
email reply and so far the UI still hasn't finished drawing.

Caleb