[arch-projects] Issue about shutdown hook in mkinitcpio/initscripts (/run is noexec)

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Aug 24 00:48:07 EDT 2011

On 08/24/2011 12:35 AM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am testing this for archiso (I think will help me for dm-snapshot
> persistent). I am writing custom shutdown hooks that fit for archiso.
> Anyway, /run is mounted as noexec. This should be changed ;)
>
> :: Creating shutdown ramfs...chroot: can't execute '/bin/busybox':
> Permission denied
>
> all rest of things will fail ;)
>
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2011-July/001549.html

Another thing (added set -x before if)

:: Unmounting Filesystems
[DONE]
+ [[ -x /run/initramfs/shutdown ]]
+ mount --bind /run/initramfs /run/initramfs
+ mount --make-private /run/initramfs
mount: can't find /run/initramfs in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
+ mount --make-private /

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1