[arch-projects] Support additional binary formats at boot

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Mar 13 17:07:40 EDT 2012

2012/3/13 Matthew Monaco <dgbaley27 at 0x01b.net>:
> Does this really need to be done automatically? Up until now all of the mounting
> that rc.sysinit does is essential. This is definitely optional. Can't it just be
> a commented line in fstab in the filesystems package?

We might do this in the arch-binfmt tool rather than at boot (and then
only if config files are found that needs it). Thoughts anyone?

> ( essential except /dev/shm maybe...

/dev/shm is needed by glibc

> a fstab.d would be nice =/ )

Changing the format of /etc/fstab sounds like a bad idea to me (anyone
might read and parse /etc/fstab). There was a recent discussion about
this on the util-linux ml, where it was committed and then reverted
shortly after due to this concern.

-t