[arch-projects] [namcap] Question about transient dependencies

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 17:29:49 UTC 2017

Hi Kyle,

On 8 August 2017 at 17:59, keenerd <keenerd at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are many little details about Arch that are left in the hands of
> the maintainers, because setting a hard policy would involve far too
> much pointless bikeshedding.  You have found one of these.

I think I've already found another topic where a hard policy is
missing (to avoid bikeshedding?)/
I'll keep that for another day ;-)

So I take it the topic has not been covered(attempted?) before?
Would it be too much if a newcomer to start such a thread?

> There is no hard policy and maintainers can do whatever they feel is a
> good best practice.

Considering other distributions seems to have found the way forward,
wouldn't it be better to attempt the same in Arch?

I mean, sure we are emotional creatures, but above all we're educated,
technical individuals.
Sure some maintainers may be annoyed at first, but the goal is to make
Arch better not to offend them.

Simply list pros/cons for each one and form a decision?

Thanks
Emil