[arch-releng] squash FS error sometimes on ISOs

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Sun Aug 2 05:53:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

if i build local ISOs here on my machine (x86_64) i sometimes could not
boot the ISOs cause the generated squashfs files are corrupted.
When building the ISO again it works.

I have checked my RAM for several hours without a problem...
Have you noticed such errors also on ISO building?
The errors:
http://users.archlinux.de/~gerbra/tmp/1.png
http://users.archlinux.de/~gerbra/tmp/2.png

If we may have a problem with mksquashfs then we have to recheck all
images we build. On sigurd this would be mainly the final images, we
have to downlaod them all and test if they boot fine before make the
release...

Gerhard