[arch-releng] Bittorrent with webseeds

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Jan 23 05:31:08 EST 2009

Hi engineers,

while creating a torrent with Ktorrent I noticed an option called webseeds. I
have found the following site dealing with this feature:
http://getright.com/seedtorrent.html

In short: adding several webseed url the client will not only downlaod pieces
from other pears but from ordinary http or ftp mirrors. This should increase
the initial speed a lot and even if the user cannot use bittorrent due to
firewall restriction, he still can download from several mirrors at the same
time.

I would like to try this out with our new iso; what do you think about it?

Pierre

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76