[arch-releng] [arch-dev] 2009.01 Alpha ISOs

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:21:43 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 04:00:22PM +0100, Gerhard Brauer wrote:

> The current installer download only core.db.tat.gz. So each package we
> offer in the installer that don't belongs to a package in core will get
> a "None" as repo source.
> We should investigate this (ex. how aif handle this). But i think it's
> OK, cause we advise the user at this point: install only the base/core
> system (and your absolutely needed additional packages: wlan stuff etc).
>
> But never heard that this "None" status irritates any user...
>
> BTW: Aaron, have you modified the archiso/package.lst for this Alpha
> ISOs (20-Jan-2009 17:53)? I miss dmraid, which we want include.
>
> Gerhard

On a sidenote, i dont know how relevant this is to the above but theres
a request to include brltty in the ISO:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12901

PS. Now thats theres a seperate Release Engineering section in the
bugtracker maybe it would be best not having an Installation Category
under Arch Linux?

Greg