[arch-releng] intel modem drivers (WAS: Archiso patch (FS#10831))

Gerhard Brauer gerbra at archlinux.de
Sat Jul 25 04:42:10 EDT 2009

Am Samstag, den 25.07.2009, 10:01 +0200 schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:

> @ all: is there an easy way to check if we should include any more drivers?
> We probably didn't give enough attention to the package list

These are the packages we currently put on 2009.08-alpha2:
------------ i686 ---------------------
aif
aufs2-util
base
ddrescue
dmraid
dnsutils
dosfstools
elinks
gnu-netcat
grub-gfx
inetutils
intel-536ep
intel-537
ipw2100-fw
ipw2200-fw
iwlwifi-3945-ucode
iwlwifi-4965-ucode
iwlwifi-5000-ucode
joe
lftp
lilo
memtest86+
ndiswrapper
ndiswrapper-utils
nfs-utils
nmap
ntfs-3g
ntfsprogs
ntp
openssh
openvpn
parted
pptpclient
rt2x00-rt61-fw
rt2x00-rt71w-fw
speedtouch
squashfs-tools
tcpdump
tiacx
tiacx-firmware
wireless_tools
wlan-ng26-utils
zd1211-firmware
--------------- x86_64 -------------------------------
aif
aufs2-util
base
ddrescue
dmraid
dnsutils
dosfstools
elinks
gnu-netcat
grub-gfx
inetutils
ipw2100-fw
ipw2200-fw
iwlwifi-3945-ucode
iwlwifi-4965-ucode
iwlwifi-5000-ucode
joe
lftp
lilo
memtest86+
ndiswrapper
ndiswrapper-utils
nfs-utils
nmap
ntfs-3g
ntfsprogs
ntp
openssh
openvpn
parted
pptpclient
rt2x00-rt61-fw
rt2x00-rt71w-fw
speedtouch
squashfs-tools
tcpdump
tiacx
tiacx-firmware
wireless_tools
wlan-ng26-utils
zd1211-firmware
----------------------------

Looking for firmware/driver, missing from pacman output are:
core/b43-fwcutter (don't think this is usefull on LiveCD)

core/iwlwifi-5150-ucode (This should be added)

extra/brltty (Not sure if this is usefull without special modifications
on CD/Installer. We have had already a discussion about barriere free...
But adding id won't harm us and braille user has the needed kernel
module)

extra/madwifi (IMHO not absolute needed anymore and it could collide
with kernel atheros module)

IMHO with these we have most packages on image to set the user able to
access internet - and install additional packages he must/will have.

> Dieter

Gerhard