[arch-releng] 2010.04.05 snapshots ready for testing

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Tue Apr 6 13:22:17 CEST 2010

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:14:14 +0200
Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 19:12:02 +0200
> Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh at lutzhaase.com> wrote:
>
> > Wait, weren't these going to be dual-arch images?
>
> i will do dual-arch images yes. haven't had time yet. This shouldn't
> hold anyone back from testing the normal images though.
>
> Dieter

okay guys,
I ran Gerardo's archiso2dual script and wow. it seems to work nicely.
Note that I have not tested the resulting dual arch images at all [yet].
I count on the community.

@ Aaron: total size of all images is 1.8GB, nicely (way) below the 2.5GB
treshold we had set for "serve them all or not".

You can find the added dual images and updated Changelog @
http://build.archlinux.org/isos/

I used the "full" profile, so these things are stripped:
${work_dir}/tmp/${_arch}/root-image/boot
${work_dir}/tmp/${_arch}/root-image/usr/include
${work_dir}/tmp/${_arch}/root-image/usr/src
${work_dir}/tmp/${_arch}/root-image/usr/share
${work_dir}/tmp/${_arch}/root-image/lib/modules

not sure if this is a good thing, if space permits I want to keep the
docs, and the /usr/include and /usr/src seems also useful for those
cases where you need to compile something.

Dieter.