[arch-releng] dual arch CDs [was: A TODO draft for next installation media]

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:13:56 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
<vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>> Is there an existing bug report on the dual architecture stuff?
>
> I think that dual, will be for next release, there is nothing finished for
> that.

There is a report on it, but I don't know it offhand. The current idea
I had was that we simply do all the massaging in the archiso hooks.
That is, we create one CD with two different base images and two
kernels. The menu items would indicate i686 or x86_64 kernels, and
would choose the right aufs image for that architecture.

Yes, this effectively doubles the size of these CDs, but I'm not too
sure I want to ship the dual arch CDs regularly. What do you guys
think?