[arch-releng] testbuilds are unbroken

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Apr 6 10:45:11 EDT 2012

On 04/06/2012 11:32 AM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:22:56 -0300
> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi<vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar>  wrote:
>
>> On 04/06/2012 07:00 AM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
>>> fixed that issue with package signatures and some other AIF things..
>>> tested
>>> archlinux-2012.04.05_04-00-01-core-x86_64.iso and does installs fine for me.
>>>
>>> note that i currently enabled testing repo so newer testbuilds will have testing enabled. (i need linux 3.3 for some EFI experiments)
>>>
>> Nice.
>>
>> Note1: If you want, you can adjust the releng-scripts, there is no need
>> anymore to make a chroot for archiso (even for build an i686-iso on
>> x86_64 host)(*), now is safe for build to work directly without it. Just
>> ensure that your pacman.conf is clean, (does not enable any repo that
>> you do not want to be used, or does not ignore any package). Working in
>> this ways allow to work with signed packages, save space, and...
> we can't use signed packages if we keep the chroot approach?
Keep it (just only one for work on it, no need one for each $arch), but
mkarchroot is broken for working with pacman signed packages inside.
Since it uses a private devpts [#1]
> Also, is there any way that doing something bad in the building process might negatively impact the host system?  I like the chroot approach, it feels robust and more safe against accidents.
I hope not, indeed I never broken a chroot since working in archiso, and
I never broken my systems since this change :) Of course this is not a
warrany for future.

[#1]
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2012-March/002559.html

--