[arch-releng] Possibly addition to mkarchiso

Mr Green mrgreen at linuxmail.org
Sat Oct 6 04:57:48 EDT 2012

You guys may already be way ahead of me on this but been thinking about
possible upcoming changes to systemd. A new option in mkarchiso might
make life a little easier.

Currently we use the following to start systemd services:

mkarchiso ${verbose} -w "${work_dir}" -D "${install_dir}" -r \
         'systemctl -f enable multi-user.target syslog-ng.service
NetworkManager.service haveged.service pacman-init.service
autologin at .service || true' run

This is my take on a new systemd option for mkarchiso:

# -systemctl will bascially do 'systemctl -f <services> || true [as in
/usr/lib/systemd/system & /etc/systemd/system <user created ones>]

mkarchiso ${verbose} -w "${work_dir}" -D "${install_dir}" -systemctl
         'syslog-ng NetworkManager haveged pacman-init autologin@'
service # or enable?

You can of call the new option what you want

MrG