[arch-releng] why this was removed from archiso hook?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Oct 6 18:52:42 EDT 2012

Am 07.10.2012 00:33, schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi:
> Hello Pierre,
>
> https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git/commit/?id=76f275e993eec849bd7c03dc42504b6214774a85
>

> - echo "/dev/mapper/${dm_snap_name} ${mnt} auto defaults 0 0" >>
> ${newroot}/etc/fstab
>
> looks like an unrelated change. (anyway looks like this does not make
> sense with systemd, and system boots fine without errors)

The .mount units created by these fstab entries are noops. Furthermore,
the fstab entries cause systemd-remount-fs to be called and potentially
do something (but we definitely don't want that). Adding anything to
fstab has no benefit, but the potential to cause problems.

> And this other
>
> https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git/commit/?id=d355c2b83527d3f0c08c6e800b975a613a169c9d

OMG, this is shit. This needs to be (mostly) reverted.

This replaces the normal getty at .service by our autologin at .service, which
causes autologin on all terminals. This is definitely not intended.

We don't want to replace getty at .service with autologin, we only want to
start autologin on tty1.

> * the multi-user.target is the default
>
> is not the default! graphical.target is the default, this causes an
> error on startup because is trying to start display-manager.service, so
> fallback to multi-user.target

Correct.

Pierre, why are you doing last minute changes to things you clearly do
not understand properly?