[arch-releng] module 'loop' not loaded

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 04:06:34 UTC 2014

On 11/13/2014 10:43 PM, Dave Reisner wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 09:22:49PM -0300, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
>> On 11/12/2014 03:16 AM, Christian Hesse wrote:
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> I just built a fresh image that fails to boot with:
>>>
>>> losetup: cannot find an unused loop device
>>>
>>> Looks like modules 'loop' is no longer loaded automatically when needed. It
>>> is included in initramfs, though. Any idea what package changed it's
>>> behavior? Forcing to load the module is easy, but what's the clean way to fix
>>> this?
>>>

>> maybe systemd, maybe kmod... also there is a error about missing
>> hwdb.bin in initramfs maybe related, maybe not, i need some time to
>> research...
>>
>> use earlymodules=loop for now.
>>

> Looks pretty straight-forward. /run/tmpfiles.d/kmod.conf is generated,
> but systemd-tmpfiles isn't included in the initramfs.

Yes, is here, but does nothing, none of the static devices are created.

[rootfs /]# ls -l /dev/fuse /dev/loop-control /dev/mapper/control
ls: /dev/fuse: No such file or directory
ls: /dev/loop-control: No such file or directory
ls: /dev/mapper/control: No such file or directory

[rootfs /]# systemd-tmpfiles --prefix=/dev --create

--same thing--