[aur-dev] AUR2

Laszlo Papp djszapi at archlinux.us
Mon Oct 19 22:02:02 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Callan Barrett <wizzomafizzo at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 3:52 AM, Laszlo Papp <djszapi at archlinux.us> wrote:
> > I think AUR2 would be just a temporary solution for our final purposes. I
> > started to plan/design quite a few weeks ago the new AUR generation with
> > Louipc, and we think of an absolutely new implementation/idea. We would
> like
> > for AUR to be a command-line based application like pacman. Well, I'd
> like
> > to see a more robust, and efficient impelementation of it, not a web
> based
> > application.
> >
> > We started to redesign PKGINFO related things:
> > http://louipc.mine.nu/arch/Step-1-PKGINFO-in-srctargz
> >
> > You can see here the state of it here:
> >
> http://git.berlios.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=aurman;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
> > Here is the mailing list:
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Laszlo Papp
> >

> I don't think I follow. Is this a client to the current AUR or some
> sort of server for clients?
>
> --
> Callan Barrett

It will be a client at this momment for current AUR, but we plan to
implement a full backend,api,front for the AUR and package management. It's
not a small work for me/us, so be patient, but as I guess the AUR web
application/server/backend can be changed for a command line tool, because I
like it as I like AUR installer, vim and other command line application.
 I tried/try to be close to the pacman source codebase, if someone would
like to contribute and know the source of pacman, he/she can do it easier,
but I'm not a good programmer like Xavier and Dan now :P

Btw, any opinion/suggestion would be nice or this: