[aur-general] python-pyfits in AUR/unsupported

Mike Ressler mike.ressler at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 6 15:49:25 EDT 2008

The python-pyfits package is listed as an orphan and has been flagged
as out of date. Bringing it up to date is relatively trivial - anyone
mind if I have a go at it? It is useful to me and I don't want to see
it die.

By way if introduction since this is my first post, I've been using
Linux for 16 years (yes, since 1992), and Arch for about 6 months.
Though it took me a long time to find it, Arch just suits me. This
will be my first try at contributing something to Arch; since I didn't
see any specific protocols for updating someone else's (or orphan)
packages in the AUR User Guide, I thought I'd check here first.

Mike

mike.ressler at alum.mit.edu