[aur-general] 'Out of date' [was: Gnu/GLOBAL 5.7.3 version]

Peter Lewis prlewis at letterboxes.org
Fri Nov 7 10:29:22 EST 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008 07:58:38 Evangelos Foutras wrote:
> zhengyi wrote:
> > I found the GLOBAL 5.7.3 in GNU. Would you please update your aur ?
>
> Hello,
>
> When you come across an outdated package, you can click the "Flag
> Out-of-date" button to make it known that a new version has been
> released upstream. Then, its maintainer (who is listed on the package's
> page) will come along and update it.

Aaaaaaah, is *that* what "out of date" means. I thought that meant that the package had been superceded by another in the AUR.

Right. I was (in my error) relying on this to tell me which of, for example, 'kdevplatform4-svn' and 'kdevplatform-kde4-svn' I should be using / trying to get to work.

Hmmm...

Pete.