[aur-general] TU Application: Ray Rashif (schivmeister)

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Sat Dec 5 07:35:50 EST 2009

Ionut Biru schrieb:
> On 12/05/2009 01:46 AM, Ray Rashif wrote:

>> 2) How are cross-repository buildtime and optional dependencies
>> handled? For
>> example, can we have a package in [extra] makedepend and/or optdepend on
>> another in [community]?
>
> no. all packages that depend has the be in the same repo.

Well, that cannot be true. There are lots of packages in extra that (make-)depend on
packages in core, and packages in community that (make-)depend on packages in core or
extra. Only the other way around is forbidden. Read the "->" as "may deliver
(make-)dependencies for"

core -> extra -> community

Regards Stefan