[aur-general] TU application: Laszlo Papp

Laszlo Papp djszapi2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 15:32:39 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'd like to formally express my interest in becoming a Trusted User.
My name is Laszlo Papp and I'm addicted to archlinux. :) I'm a 23 year
old from Hungary, working at a resourcement/development company as
Embedded Linux Developer.

I've been using Linux for more than 7 years. I used Gentoo until early
2008, and I learned a great deal about Linux in the process. I settled
on Arch more than 1 year ago, nearly 1 and half :) Moving to Arch was
easy for me, because of my years of experience with Gentoo. I was very
attracted by the lack of dominance of money and business world and by
the warm and friendly community.

I have got some experience in Assembly, C, VHDL languages. I have
written some open source usb kernel driver (for Passport Reader,
Fingerprint Reader, etc.), and a pci kernel driver.  I've worked with
PIC, AVR microcontrollers, DSP processors, ARM architecture, and FPGA
design. I deal with Blackfin DSP board with Embedded Linux on it
recently, and I try to help to write C/ASM API for this.

My username on the BBS, AUR, Wiki, Bugs, and Freenode is
djszapi. Mainly my contribution to archlinux community was on this
sites. See the following URL for my packages in AUR:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=djszapi

I think that Arch does not have a significant presence in the embedded
development area of community. I wish to make Arch a viable choice for
an embedded developer, by maintaining more popular embedded
development related packages in [community].  My Second purpose to do
the best support in Arch for vim editor. I like to work from a text
console, with framebuffer, and vim :) As a TU, I will offer my
knowledge and time to improve my favourite distribution and also the
open source world, which gave me so much in the last few years.

I would like to add these packages to the [community] repo.
1. AVR microprocessor: avarice, avra, avr-gdb, kontrollerlab, simulavr,
tavrasm, uisp,
gnome-avrdude
2. PIC microprocessor: picasm, picp, picprog, pikdev, piklab, pk2cmd
3. Blackfin Digital Signal Processor: blackfin-toolchain-elf
4. Tinyos: nesc, tinyos, tinyos-tools
5. ARM architecture: openocd-svn
6. Picoblaze Softcore processor: kpicosim
7. FPGA design: ghdl-bin, verilator
8. Some common, like usb-serial converter driver: libftd2xx.

Feel free to ask me, if something is obscure or you would like to know
more about me.

Thanks to Stefan Husmann for sponsoring me.

Best Regards, Laszlo Papp