[aur-general] TU application: Laszlo Papp

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 20:55:04 EDT 2009

I've been speaking to Laszlo over the past month and the impression that
I get is that he really doesn't understand boundaries when it comes to
communication. This can become extremely frustrating for the person he
is talking to.

When we first started talking, he asked me about many past TUs, and
about the reasons they quit, etc. I wondered why he wouldn't speak to
them directly instead of bothering me with such questions.

There has been multiple times that he has asked me for solutions to very
trivial problems. To make things worse, in one instance, he would shoot
down every one of my offered solutions.

Instead of choosing the most relevant route of communication, he will
choose the method that he believes will give him the fastest response,
no matter if it may cause disruption.

Example: He asks the same question to some of us directly via Jabber
rather than asking in an IRC channel (which we are all present in), even
after being asked to stop.

Example: He would contact me directly about something on the mailing
list that I had no involvement in, rather than sending an email to that
mailing list.

He has recently become extremely annoying.

His application does look impeccable though.
It's partly the result of lots of feedback from me, and probably other
Trusted Users.

I don't know if this should be a barrier to becoming a Trusted User,
but the fact is that I'm wary about working with him, and I can imagine
that other users might feel the same way.

I admire Laszlo's enthusiasm, and respect his goals but I don't think he
would be a good candidate for a Trusted User right now.