[aur-general] changing the status of the maintainer field

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Thu May 21 19:16:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 16:42 +0200, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 May 2009 19:07:03 +0530
>> Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > In all cases the Maintainer tag if present should have the same
>> > information as that of the web interface. Otherwise it loses its
>> > relevance.
>> >

>> email addresses can change and be off, the tag in the PKGBUILD rarely
>> contains the username but the realname is mostly the same, all
>> provided a new maintainer didn't forget to add his credentials to the
>> PKGBUILD. So yeah, the information is almost always different to some
>> degree.
>>
>> But: what must be the same? I realise that it would be nice if it
>> was the same.
>>
>> Philipp
>
> What if I use abs to fetch the entire core/extra and then build and
> maintain that tree?  Am I now the maintainer and everyone else
> contributors?

Oh boy we just discussed this weeks ago, like a month or so.

Even I though in send another e-mail remembering to _some people_
about how the things should be with the maintainer tag (the maintainer
tag with my name were removed in several packages and I wasn't added
as a contributor), but I won't complain about it, because for me it
doesn't matter, but I think that several people would like to preserve
their names on PKGBUILD that they dedicated sometime.

IMHO that discussion [0] should be enough, any dev to make that
discussion as the *official* way?

[0] http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2009-April/004386.html

--
Angel Velásquez