[aur-general] TU Application

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Sat Oct 10 15:03:05 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to re-apply to my TU position.

Since I've resigned [0], many things happened, in my life, and work.
In these times I was very dissapointed about myself, cause I was
having problems to handle my life, my projects, and of course, Arch,
then I decided to go on with less workload at least.

Now, I have free time again to dedicate it to the community and the
project, and my goals this time are more specific from my first
application [1], this time I'd like to:

a) Improve and support the python and haskell scene since I am
enthusiastic of these languages
b) To help others TU, or Devs (with the permission of them), to reduce
their loads on community doing tests, maintaining, updating or just
simply building their packages in the differents architectures (I have
i686 and x86_64 but now I am using x86_64)
c) Report, and close bugs from me and others TU or Devs (away or with
highly load), of course with the permission of them.
d) Maintain and collaborate with the Arch Project in general, writting
in the wiki, random coding, etc.

I talked with Evangelos Foutras a.k.a foutrelis to ask him if he would
like to be my sponsor, and he accepted, so since I knew many of you
when I was a TU, I hope you will recognize my skills and my dedication
on this project, and even when I wasn't active (as a TU) I ever tried
to be helping with the distro, and I always try to do my best overall.

Sincerely.

[0] http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2009-February/003742.html

[1] http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2008-May/001479.html

[2] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?K=angvp&SeB=m