[aur-general] Packaging LLVM

Tobias Kieslich tobias at justdreams.de
Mon Oct 26 18:03:04 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using LLVM myself, especially with clang and the static analyzer. I
would like to see LLVM and clang separated, however the clang version is
only available via svn and that depends on LLVM-svn very much.

So I think it's better to build a general LLVM package with the gcc-
frontend for stable development and a conflicting/providing llvm-clang
package from svn. All that must be tested, if it works with
otherllvm-realated packages (the llvm based D-compiler comes to mind)

-T