[aur-general] PKGBUILD using bzr for launchpad acess

Christophe Chapuis chris.chapuis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 10:14:41 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I have recently proposed a new prototype for the bzr handling in a PKGBUILD.
You'll find it attached. It also "solves" a problem related to the use of
makepkg with launchpad. Indeed, if you are already logged in in launchpad
when contacting the bzr server, the "launchpad" plugin of bzr will
automatically try to connect using ssh. This will fail because the build is
done inside a fakeroot environment, where ssh cannot create the /root/.ssh
directory...

The solution proposed in that PKGBUILD is to never use the "lp:" URI style.
Instead, we use the following command:
"bzr --no-plugins pull http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~user/project/branch"

Please find attach the proposed PKGBUILD-bzr.proto file which I just
proposed for inclusion in the "abs" package. If you do the changes proposed
in that PKGBUILD compared to yours, then it will solve the problem related
to launchpad.

Note that PKGBUILD not accessing a launchpad server are of course not
problematic.

Please tell me if you think my proposal if OK or if we should use another
procedure to do that; I'm quite new to all this AUR procedures, and I hope I
don't any kind of rude shortcut here :)

Cheers,
Tofe