[aur-general] TU application

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 04:43:23 EDT 2010

Hello,
the discussion about pulling ufoai into [community] made me thing
about applying for a TU. Since I've got quite a lot of time recently I
finally decided to apply for a TU position which I've been encouraged
into several times in the past.

My name is Lukas Jirkovsky. I'm from Pilsen, Czech Republic. Currently
I'm pursuing my bachelors degree in computer science at the Faculty of
Applied Sciences at the University of West Bohemia. I'm using Linux
for about six years (I still have the old Mandrake 10.1 CD here). I
used Slackware for several years but approximately 3 years ago I moved
to Arch Linux which I immediately fell in love with ;-)

Currently I maintain 94 packages in AUR. Several packages of mine got
it's way into [community] and [extra] too. I can remember
ttf-linux-libertine, geeqie, luminance and autopano-sift-c being ones.
I'd like to move the klavaro package into community and maybe some
other popular packages. I'm also very interested in bringing more
graphics software to Arch Linux. Moving ufoai if wanted should be
without problems too, I've got a decent connection at home. The last
words about my packaging work is that I'm aware that some of my
PKGBUILDS still uses contributor instead of maintainer. I'm slowly
replacing these packages when a new version comes out or any other
update is needed.

Now something about my skills. I've a decent knowledge of C and C++
and in my spare time I'm participating in the development of Hugin
[1]. I know Java too, but I prefer C++ (templates are just so
beautiful). I used to maintain the Arch-graphics repo [2] but since I
switched to x86_64 I don't do regular builds (I'd have to rewrite some
of the scripts first).

I can build for both x86_64 and i686.

best regards,
Lukas Jirkovsky