[aur-general] removal proposal for Ranguvar

Ranguvar ranguvar at archlinux.us
Sun Dec 5 08:48:38 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

I first must apologize.  It is entirely my fault that I have been
inactive as a TU.  I'm something of an unorganized individual, and I
never got around to picking up some packages and putting them in
[community], making an account there, or even voting.  I don't have an
excuse besides that I do my best to maintain those packages which I
have adopted, and I try to only adopt packages which I use myself,
unless I have intimate knowledge with that software.  The majority of
the packages I owned before becoming a TU were ineligible for
[community] inclusion (or at least I thought at the time they were) --
bin32-wine, ttf-ms-fonts-lic, dolphin-emu-svn{,-bin}, and
firefox-pgo-* (dolphin I have given to another user who is more
capable than I at maintaining that particular package, bin32-wine was
replaced by [multilib], and ttf-ms-fonts-lic was removed in favor of
ttf-ms-fonts).  I also maintain a few packages on my local machine,
but those are unsuitable even for the AUR (custom
kernel/x264/ffmpeg/mplayer/chromium).

I also completely agree that these circumstances would warrant
removal.  I do not expect to simply sit with that title and not do
work beyond normal maintenance of AUR packages.

I would like to ask, but am hesitant to do so, for a last chance.  If
you would prefer that I ready several packages for [community]
inclusion beforehand, I can do that.  Or if it is the collective
belief of the other TUs that it would be prudent to remove me as a TU
for inactivity and then leave it at that, either for a substantial
time period or permanently, I will abide by that decision.

Once more, I am embarrassed that I have not preformed my duties as
agreed, and if kept as a TU would immediately work to become an active
help, for I do still enjoy both using Arch and assisting its users,
and I believe that I could change my behavior and become quite a bit
more active as a TU.

Sincerely,
  Devin Cofer (ranguvar)