[aur-general] moving packages to community

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 11:34:00 EST 2010

On Sunday 05 December 2010 17:21:16 Kaiting Chen wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Ike Devolder <ike.devolder at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Thx guys for letting me know you would move some packages from AUR to
> > community
> >
> > thats really stimulating to contribute something
> >
> > if you dont know what i'm talking about
> >
> > - libssh2 ( i picked it up after bash dropped it in AUR)
> > - podofo (cant remember how i picked it up)
> >
> > It would just be a little polite , just to let someone know the move will
> > be done
> >
> > cant be that hard to send a mail ;)
> >

> I'm confused, are you the maintainer of these packages in the AUR? Usually
> we will notify the maintainer of a package if it is moved from [unsupported]
> to [community]. --Kaiting.

We'll so it seems yes, both packages moved to community without any notification

or it should be google doesnt like those guys and blocks their mails for me

It doesnt matter who did it, its just not very pleaseant you have to find out when you see an rss feed or come on the site and see its in community

just a simple mail would just be nicer