[aur-general] he AUR by-laws

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Sun Dec 5 22:45:04 CET 2010

Hello all.

I would like apply to become a TU! Daenyth has decided to sponsor me for
my TU application

I'm 21 years old and a Bachelor student Computer Science. I have
experience with C++, C, x86 ASM, Java, Python, PHP, SQL and javascript. I use
archlinux on daily basis as a server and as desktop on my laptop.

Since a year I am a maintainer at the Arch-Games project[0], since then i
learned how to deal with makepkg, libpng/libjpeg patches, rebuilding
packages for boost/python. Also learning how to work and setup clean
chroots for 32 and 64 bit and how to improve PKGBUILDs and use tools
like git/svn/namcap.

I have had much fun and hard work working on updating packages for
arch-games, Daenyth really helped me a lot and #archlinux and
#archlinux-offtopic guys too ;) Also I must admit i have learned a lot
from Ioni.

I would like to become a Trusted User, so I can help packaging for
community since something there are a lot of orphan packages so I will
be always prepared to update/improve those packages. I would love to see
improvements like more splitting of packages which has been done with
packages like compiz. Also creating more any packages would be better
for our mirrors. Since we didn't have much space for packages, I have
had to split much data packages to "any".

My current packaging interests are haskell, LaTeX, cli apps,
virtualization.

In the future i am looking into improving tools such as namcap.

Feel free ask any questions here or on irc.

[0] https://github.com/Arch-Games/arch-games

--
Jelle van der Waa