[aur-general] TU application - Kyle Keen

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Tue Dec 7 20:36:31 CET 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 19:56:12 +0100 Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> Thorsten Töpper wrote:
> >
> > Still because of that quickshot I'll change my previous expectation
> > to vote.
> >
> > Even a reassurance won't change that for this vote, probably for a
> > future one but not for this.
> >
> > Sorry but once a application is passed the applicant has directly to
> > show a responsible behaviour, TU stands for Trusted User not
> > Trolling User.
> > This is not meant as a direct insult, don't misinterprete it.
>
> Regardless of how it was meant, "Trolling User" was inappropriate
> imo. The intentions were good. It's the rashness that's the problem
> as far as I'm concerned. Realizing that it was a bad idea and that
> there are better ways to do things is enough.

You're right, that was far too harsh, pardon me for this formulation.

@Kyle: Starting a discussion about the tarballs was a good idea, what
followed was wrong, so I'm stuck between an Abstain and a No and I guess
some other TUs are also thinking about how they should handle this. The
discussion is nearly finished, still a statement from your side might
help to decide, which of these two options seems right, even after the
end of this phase.

--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4