[aur-general] Breaking the unspoken rule: AUR helper in [community]

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 04:00:42 EST 2010

On Thu 30 Dec 2010 00:44 -0600, Nathan Owens wrote:
> I know what you mean. Well I would THINK that maybe it could be determined
> how long the user has been active though their activity of the packages and
> look at the quality of the packages the user has adopted/created and maybe,
> assuming there is a system that would monitor the out-of-date packages, if
> the member maintains the packages by updating them in a decent amount of
> time. Possibility something similar to this as to determine a regular user
> is trusted.

Please bottom post.
Anyways, what you're speaking of is probably a feature that is best
implemented on the client side.

You could probably hack something up that interfaces with the current
AUR though. The RPC will return a list of packages by a named
maintainer via msearch. See http://aur.archlinux.org/rpc.php