[aur-general] TU without [community] maintaining?

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Wed Feb 3 14:01:59 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 07:57:21PM +0100, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> I'd suggest so start the process by just voting upon Lex and if (s)he
> (sorry, can't determine the sex from that name, my stupidity) is
> approved, one will see how it goes and if it's a good idea. Then one can
> think about adding more moderators or not. Just KISS.

Following the reasoning elsewhere in this threa, that:
a) TUs do a great job
b) some TUs don't want to do cleanup work in the AUR
c) Lex does want to do cleanup work in the AUR
d) Lex does not want to take care of things in [community]

and KISS:

Why not make Lex a TU who puts the focus on the AUR? Just because you
can write in [community] does not mean you have to.

Is an application of Lex for TU sane on that base?

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: EA5C F2B4 FBBB BA65 3DCD  E8ED 82A1 6522 4A1F 4367
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
  OTR FPR: 9E191746 213321FE C896B37D 24B118C0 31785700
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC