[aur-general] Why is there no option to delete your own package in AUR yourself?

Michael Düll (akurei) mail at akurei.org
Wed Jul 14 18:35:07 EDT 2010

Am Mittwoch 14 Juli 2010, 23:10:07 schrieb Ionuț Bîru:
> On 07/14/2010 11:54 PM, Michael Düll (akurei) wrote:
> > Hello fellow Archers!
> >
> > I wonder why there's no option to delete your own package from AUR.
> >
> > Some users pointed out, that there once was too much abusive behaviour. I
> > can't think of a way how this could be abused, if you are only allowed to
> > delete your _own_ uploaded packages, except one: If there's many users
> > (and OTHER packages from AUR that rely on that perticular package [eg
> > bin32-wine relies on lib32-libldap from AUR]), and you delete it, thus
> > breaking dependencies.
> > My proposal is: Allow people to delete their own AUR packages if a) No
> > other AUR package depends on it and b) if there's less than 10 people
> > "using" it (aurvote). This way it would be easy to delete a faulty
> > package without first asking on the list and it would hopefully
> > encourage more people to try and put PKGBUILDS on AUR.
> >
> > akurei
>
> we had in the past a problem with an user who deleted a lot of packages.
> he did that by adopting orphaned packages

Okay, so let's introduce a "barrier": Let one delete packages like I said (he
owns them, no other package relies on it, no more than 10 aurvotes) _plus_ let
one delete packages, that he owns for _more than three months_. This way
there's less chance that someboy "goes amok".
Additionally there could be an "Trusted-User-Only Undelete" feature for a few
weeks.

akurei