[aur-general] trusted users business

Ranguvar ranguvar at archlinux.us
Thu Jul 15 18:08:32 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:40, Isaac Dupree
<ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org> wrote:
> On 07/15/10 12:57, Angel Velásquez wrote:
>>
>> Quoting the TU Bylaws Quote section:
>>
>> "This section deals with quorums, and the consequences for those that
>> repeatedly keep the group from meeting them.
>>
>> Quorums were established to make sure that all TUs are having a say in
>> the matters that they vote on, and to ensure that TUs remain active in
>> the job that they have taken on. All active TUs should be
>> participating in discussions and voting procedures in order to
>> continue meeting the quorums.
>> **For this reason, active TUs that keep quorum from being established
>> on a voting procedure for three consecutive voting procedures (they
>> need not be on the same motion) are automatically brought up for
>> removal procedure, by reason of unwarranted inactivity. **"
>>
>> ...So IMO we should start a removalprocedure...
>
> AFAICT, no vote-quorums have actually failed to be established in recent
> history, so the above automatic-removal (**For this reason...**) clause does
> not apply.  (The general activity-guidelines found above it might, though.)
>
> -Isaac

I apologize for not voting in the past several TU elections.
I've been a little distracted from Arch TU duties, but resolve to pay
more attention to the mailing list in the future.
Currently I'm on vacation in California, but I'll be back in New York
in about a week.
At that time I'll also be looking at the possibility of moving one of
my AUR packages into [community], as I still don't have any on the
repo (mostly because the majority of them are repackages, unsuitable
for binary distribution, etc.).

Thanks,
Ranguvar
[Devin Cofer]