[aur-general] moving winw-wow64 into community

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Sat Jul 17 18:54:08 EDT 2010

 The package-magician heftig managed to put together a wine-wow64
package which is currently in AUR and enables users to not only run
32bit Windows application on x86_64 Arch like bin32-wine but also 64bit
Windows applications.
Basically, it contains a 32bit and 64bit Windows environment to do this,
a lot like native 64bit Windows installations do, in fact.

We'd like to see this package replace bin32-wine in community. It is
currently rather untested and before moving we'd like to ask the Arch
community to test it first. Before we ask for the test though we first
wanted to hear the dear opinions of this mailing list's fine gentlemen.

Sadly, using it also implies moving a bunch of lib32s and the cross32
chain into community. This will be a problem for some people.

To summarize: wine-wow64 is like bin32-wine but with the ability to run
64bit applications.

-- Sven-Hendrik