[aur-general] packaging a weird library, symlinks

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Jul 22 11:52:50 EDT 2010

Hi,
I try to package the IUP toolkit. The build system is fairly weird, but
in cooperation with the upstream project manager I think I know the
steps necessary to package it.
It would need a custom environment variable LUA_CPATH set to something
matching the installed lib. Afaik this would be something the user would
need to do manually, which I'd like to avoid.

The IUP project manager suggested that a symlink might do the trick
instead:
iuplua.so  -> libiuplua51.so

Is this something sensible to do?
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan