[aur-general] packaging a weird library, symlinks

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Jul 22 13:27:02 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Nathan Wayde's message of 2010-07-22 18:53:06 +0200:
> On 22/07/10 17:41, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> > Excerpts from Nathan Wayde's message of 2010-07-22 18:25:04 +0200:

> >> yes and if you ever need to set environment variables you can add a
> >> custom script in /etc/profile.d, no user intervention is required.
> >
> > Ah, and it would be sourced automatically?
> > Could it be a one-liner like:
> it will, but it must be named <NAME>.sh
>

> > export LUA_CPATH=whatever
> >
> > Or does it need more?
> >
> that's all that's needed, it's just a regular script that's sourced at boot
>
> > What about the symlink solution? Are both possible, and if so, which one
> > is preferable?
> > Thanks a lot.
> I don't know anything about IUP apart from the fact that it's a GUI
> library or sorts so I can't tell if it will work with both. But the
> cleaner and I'd say more preferable option is to symlink as that's what
> more or less all other libraries do libxyz.so -> libxyz.1.2.so.

Thanks. Yes, it's a GUI library and quite difficult to build and
install. I'll try the symlink method then, and maybe the other in case I
need something like that with a non-lib thing someday.
Thanks for the help.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan