[aur-general] TU application for Sven-Hendrik Haase

Jaroslav Lichtblau tu at dragonlord.cz
Sun Jun 27 03:56:08 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 05:05:36PM +0200, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> Hey everybody,

<snip>

> In AUR I currently maintain 66 packages. My most important packages are
> multimedia/game development
> related though I tend to package whatever I think it useful or fun.
> While I'm aware that many Archers
> consider games wasteful in terms of time investment and disk space, I
> think the number of votes on my
> packages still make some of them same valid candidates for [community].
> See my awe-inspiring list of packages:
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=Svenstaro

<snip>

> I care about guidelines and consistency, though I am aware that my AUR
> packages aren't all fully consistent. Working on that.

<snip>
> -- Sven-Hendrik

Hi Sven-Hendrik,
I did have a closer look on your AUR PKGBUILDs and this is what came out:

PKGBUILD (csfml) W: Missing Maintainer tag
PKGBUILD (irrklang) W: Description should not contain the package name.
PKGBUILD (knyttstories-contrib) W: Missing Maintainer tag
PKGBUILD (ogre-branch-1.4) E: Use $srcdir instead of $startdir/src
PKGBUILD (ogre-branch-1.4) E: Use $pkgdir instead of $startdir/pkg
PKGBUILD (ogre-branch-1.4) W: Missing Maintainer tag

Mainly minor things, just the ogre-branch-1.4 needs bigger corrections.
This package was probably just adopted by you and not touched yet, according
to the contributor lines in the PKGBUILD. It should not be difficult to get it fixed.
I also see in few of your package a little longer decription than usual, but
I don't see this as a big issue neither. Otherwise I like the overall quality
of your packages.
10 installation of Arch? You look like an addict to me :)
Good luck with your application and I hope you find a girlfriend soon! That's what
was your last remark in the application about, correct?

Cheers,
Jaroslav

--
Men seldom show dimples to girls who have pimples.