[aur-general] AUR Maintenance

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Mar 29 09:00:21 CEST 2010

Am Montag, 29. März 2010 01:21:09 schrieb Allan McRae:
> Is there any progress on fixing this?  There are a lot of packaging
> notes on those pages that would be a shame to lose.

It's very likely the same issue I had updating the wiki. This is caused by a
mysql packaging change which switched the default encoding from latin1 to
utf8. Here are some tips:
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Convert_latin1_to_UTF-8_in_MySQL

But I guess we lost the chance to fix this more or less easily because the AUR
content has changed since the last backup. This requires some kind of script
that imports and merges the old and new comments.