[aur-general] [community] repository cleanup

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 05:19:40 CET 2010

> As already mentioned, many of these packages haven't been updated
> upstream in a long time, and I doubt many of them will.
>
> For example:
> Name: polymer
> Upstream: http://static.int.pl/~mig21/dev/releases/polymer/<http://static.int.pl/%7Emig21/dev/releases/polymer/>
> Last news update: "14.05.2005"
>
> Really? 2005 and QT3?
>
> Moral of the story: just adopt them. Chances are you will never have
> to do any work with them (excluding the ones that *actually* do get
> upstream changes), and it makes the repo look/function in a whole lot
> cleaner manner

I think it's kind of hard for me to see why I should maintain a package
that's already been discarded by its developer. In my opinion such packages
should be moved to [unsupported] where the one more two people who might
want to use them can simply build them themselves. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/