[aur-general] Various new packages in [community]

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Wed Nov 17 13:35:01 CET 2010

On 11/17/2010 02:22 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 17/11/10 21:59, Ionuț Bîru wrote:
>> On 11/17/2010 03:03 AM, Gaetan Bisson wrote:
>>> Dear TUs,
>>>
>>> I'm Gaetan, a (discreet) junior dev, mentored by Allan. I recently got
>>> access to sigurd and thought I would use that opportunity to maintain in
>>> [community] a few packages I have been maintaining on the AUR so far,
>>> but which are just a bit too unpopular to go to [extra]:
>>>

>> the main idea is that you are a junior dev without pushing rights on the
>> mirrors. Now you got access on sigurd will full privileges.
>>
>> Do you guys (TUs) have some concern regarding this? Do we need to start
>> a new applications to join our TU team?
>>

> Just as an FYI, I would not have suggested these guys have access if I
> had any concerns. They both have actually managed packages in the
> [extra] repo for a few months now without breaking anything.
>
> New TUs are provided full access to the [community] with zero total
> experience on our systems. If you are really concerned then we should
> restrict new TUs from pushing packages as well...
>
> Allan

sure. i'm just raising some concerns. I do know both of them well enough
but mostly because i'm in this junior dev program. Majority of TUs
doesn't even know if we have pick junior devs.

In the future i would like to have this more public. Does Loui know
about the new users or everything was done privately between you and they?

--
Ionuț