[aur-general] arduino cleanup

PyroPeter abi1789 at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 30 02:31:24 CET 2010

Hello AUR users!

I borrowed an arduino recently and found the *arduino*-part of
the AUR to be very messy. Here are my findings:

## arduino64-updated [1]
Outdated for ages, the copy of a copy of the arduino-PKGBUILD.
Can be deleted.

## arduino64 [2] and arduino [3]
The difference is difficult to find, the descriptions do not help in
any way. arduino depends on avrdude, while arduino64 includes an
outdated, but patched avrdude from the Arduino-project.

I wrote an architecture-independent PKGBUILD that could replace
arduino and an adapted one that includes the patched avrdude.
It could replace arduino64.

I am not sure about the naming of the two new packages, but I think
it would make sense to call the package with included avrdude "arduino",
because the Arduino SDK includes avrdude by default.
The other one could be called "arduino_unpatched". (I am using an
underscore here to distinguish it from the "mainname-modulename"
notation used by arduino-onewire (which is an add-on for arduino)

tl,dr: arduino64 can be deleted, I would like arduino to be orphaned.

## arduino-pyro [4]
I uploaded my new PKGBUILD for the arduino-without-avrdude package
under this name to get feedback.
It can be deleted.

Regards, PyroPeter

[1] arduino64-updated https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32041
[2] arduino64 https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24053
[3] arduino https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=8388
[4] arduino-pyro https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=43902

--
freenode/pyropeter                          "12:50 - Ich drücke Return."