[aur-general] pkgstats and unused [community] packages

Sergej Pupykin ml at sergej.pp.ru
Mon Oct 25 15:49:07 EDT 2010

On 25.10.2010 23:41, archlinux at michael.trunner.de wrote:
> Hi,
> I think there are some server packages, for example ejabberd and
> roundcubemail. These packages are only interesting for root servers, but not
> for desktop computers. But I think they should stay in community, because
> there are not so many root servers with pkgstats installed.
>
> oidentd and pam_mysql you need only in a big network infrastructur. But
> without that package my university hadn't change there installation from
> ubuntu to archlinux. I think such packages should stay too.

 From my packages I would like to leave in community at least:
- ejabberd* packages + jabber transports (pyicqt, yahoo-t, etc)
- perl-* modules
- synce packages
- emacs related packages (emacs-muse, wanderlust, etc)
- haskell modules
- documentation packages
- xl2tpd should be on install isos I think
(https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13357)
- sisctrl
- sshguard
- simh